Convalescent Care Center Admissions
We are NOT currently accepting applications at this time.
Admission to Convalescent Care Center
- Homeless males (18 years and older)
- Short-term (<180 days) convalescing medical conditions
- Self-care (includes ADLs, injections, & management of bodily functions)
- Independent in mobility
- Ability to establish personal identification
- Tobacco free, non-smoking campus. No tobacco of any kind, matches or lighters.
- Active (untreated) infectious disease
- Active (untreated) psychiatric illness
- Moderate to severe mental retardation
- Cognitive deficits / dementia
- Recent evidence of uncontrolled or violent behavior
- Registered sex offenders
- Individuals prohibited from return to Open Door Mission
- End of life / Hospice patients
NOTE: If the patient’s condition upon arrival is not congruent with the medical information supplied, admission to the Open Door Mission will be refused.
Instructions for Referring Patients
- Complete the Referral Form (A complete referral form can prevent delays in the referral process)
- FAX the referral form + H&P + Progress Notes from: physician, OT, PT, and specialty consults.
- Contact Social Services regarding the referral at least 48 business hours in advance of anticipated discharge (Messages will be returned within one business day)
- Requests for admissions should be made during regular business hours – Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm
- Patients admitted must arrive to facility no later than 1:00pm Monday-Wednesday.
*No weekend or after hour admissions
**Admission hours subject to change