DoorWay Recovery Center Admissions
(713) 921-7520 x216
Admission to DoorWay Recovery Center
- Walk-ins only. Phone call not required but recommended before coming to the Mission (713-921-7520 ext.242). No one is accepted over the phone. In person interviews are required of everyone.
- Interview with a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Arrival time between 6 AM – 10 AM Monday-Wednesday only
- No Admissions Thursday-Sunday
- The Mission provides clothing and hygiene products
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- History of substance abuse
- Passing the intake assessment upon arrival
- Desire, willingness and attitude conducive to change
- Tobacco free, non-smoking campus. No tobacco of any kind, matches or lighters.
- Ability to prove identity
- Physically able to do on campus job assignments
- Minimum 30 day supply of prescribed medications
- If on probation/parole, must have a letter stating probation/parole officer is aware that you are at Open Door Mission
- Requirements are subject to change at any time.
- Active (untreated) communicable disease
- Unable to perform self-care
- Active felony warrants
- High-risk psychiatric medications, and opioid maintenance.
- Serious untreated psychiatric diagnosis
- Severe cognitive deficits/dementia
- Recent evidence of uncontrolled violent behavior
- Registered sex offender
- Individuals previously restricted by Open Door Mission
NOTE: If the individual’s condition upon arrival is not congruent with the information supplied, admission to the Open Door Mission will be refused.
- Location: Open Door Mission, 5803 Harrisburg Blvd., Houston, TX 77011
- Inquiries: Contact DoorWay Program Director, Heather Diaz, LCDC (713-921-7520 ext. 216); firstname.lastname@example.org