Education & Technology Center Admissions
(713) 921-7520 x216
Admission to Education & Technology Center for Program and Community Participants
- Male and Female
- At least 18 years of age
- 5th grade reading level
- Recent evidence of uncontrolled violent behavior
- Registered sex offender
- Individuals previously restricted by Open Door Mission
All prospective students must take the Text of Adult Basic Education (TABE) for assessment and placement. The test will evaluate reading, language and math skills. Prospective community students may take the test from 8 AM – 12 PM Monday – Friday. If you cannot test during working hours please call the office for arrangements. Testing for Open Door Residents will be scheduled by his counselor.
Please be punctual for the test as these are timed tests. If a prospective student is late, they will not be allowed to test and must reschedule. All prospective students must bring a valid Texas driver’s license or Texas identification card.
- All curriculum is on line and self – paced with some supplemental handouts
- Education staff will assist with GED test registration (four parts: Math, Science, Reasoning with Language Arts and Social Studies)
Hours of Operation
- 8 AM -5 PM Monday – Thursday
- 8 AM – 3 PM Friday
- 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM Saturday – Sunday
Open Door Mission – 5803 Harrisburg Blvd., Houston, TX 77011
Please contact Heather Diaz, LCDC at email@example.com or (713) 921-7520 x216
All services in the Education department are Free of Charge.
Fill out the information below to begin the registration process. Our staff will contact you with the next steps to joining the Education Center.