Education & Technology Center Admissions
(713) 921-7520 x221
Admission to Education & Technology Center for Program and Community Participants
- Male and Female
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid form of photo ID
- 5th grade reading and math level, as evidenced by the TABE test
- Recent evidence of uncontrolled violent behavior
- Registered sex offender
- Individuals previously restricted by Open Door Mission
All prospective students must take the Text of Adult Basic Education (TABE) for assessment and placement. The test will evaluate reading, language and math skills. Open Door Mission is no longer accepting prospective community students at this time.
Please be punctual for the test as these are timed tests. If a prospective student is late, they will not be allowed to test and must reschedule. All prospective students must bring a valid Texas driver’s license or Texas identification card.
- Computerized GED curriculum offers Pre and Post Testing in all GED test subjects.
- Math and Science tutors are available between 8-11AM Monday through Thursday.
Hours of Operation
- 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Thursday
- 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM Friday
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Saturday – Sunday
Open Door Mission – 5803 Harrisburg Blvd., Houston, TX 77011
Please contact Morgan Chew, Education Manager at 713-921-7520 x 221
All services in the Education department are Free of Charge.